Location: Vacaville Campus
Hours: 40hrs per week
The Father's House
Title: Graphic Designer
Date: November 2018
It is an exciting time here at The Father’s House! We are growing fast and your design chops will help us get there. We're looking for a sharp graphic designer with a strong design background to come in and make an immediate impact. This person will add to our small (but mighty) design team and play a large role in representing our brand visually as a whole.
What You'll Do
· Design, design, design. You'll work closely with the Creative team to drive the brand through innovative content that will take the Father’s House to the next stage.
· Work collaboratively with the Creative team and cross-departmentally including Film, IT, and our TFH Ministries.
· Be a chameleon, jumping from digital to print and back without skipping a beat.
· Work on concept development, branding/logo, apparel design, packaging, ads, social moments, emails, web/digital, and all things print.
· Always advocate for the ministry's needs, and be able to tell our brand story through creative execution.
Who You Are
· A Designer. You have an eye for living and breathe the brand's aesthetic, color, typography, icons, and use (or non-use) of space. You can process existing content to make well informed design decisions on every project.
· A Creator. You have increasing knowledge and skills in photography, re-touching, logo design, layout, and branding as a whole.
· Tool proficient. Photoshop? Illustrator? InDesign? The whole Adobe Suite?You are efficient with the tools in your tool box, you care deeply about what you create, and know the right tool for the job.
· Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task and flag project inconsistencies. You are always accountable for your own tasks but not afraid to ask for help when needed. You are proud of your work but humble in your role. You can take criticism and put it towards to bettering your work while giving constructive feedback that empowers your team.
· Experienced. You're still learning, we all are, but you have a solid base of knowledge in working with all things design. You're a whiz with shortcuts in Adobe and can knock out different iterations of design concepts, but that doesn't mean you let typos or pixel misalignment slide by.
· Problem Solver. Your solutions take creative perspectives while successfully communicating to our audience through visuals. The work you create is timeless, easy to digest, yet full of clear and smart messaging. You're motivated byTheFather’s House culture and vision and eager to help people find life in Christ.
· Current. You keep your finger on the pulse of design. You're constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and aesthetically pleasing visual experiences.
· Up For A Challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult doesn't mean it should go unexplored. In fact, that might be validation that it’s worth trying, right?
What You Need
· A minimum of two years of design-related or creative field college-level coursework, or comparable work experience. Two to four years of graphic design experience preferred.
· Must be a member or pursuing membership at The Father's House.
· Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
· Demonstrated success delivering branded design and clean aesthetic in a fast-moving environment.
· Experience working on campaigns from start to finish.Strong skills in building brand equity, typography, layout, color, etc.
· Excellent project/time management, able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at a time, under tight deadlines.
· A skilled listener and creative problem solver, able to lead the creative process landing on the best creative solution.
· Stellar portfolio, demonstrating excellence in design aesthetic relating to branding, marketing campaigns, illustration, multiple page layout, and social media moments.
· A mastery of design principles and an excellent eye for aesthetics.
· Refined skills in print to produce marketing collateral and packaging ready for commercial printing.
· Displayed ability to stay up-to-date on current (mainstream and church) design trends (print/web/social/motion).
· Able to effectively communicate, written and verbal, one-on-one and in group settings.
· Ability to proofread and copy write, creating original, dynamic and engaging content.
· Working knowledge of Web/UXdesigna plus.