Location: Vacaville Campus
Hours: Full TIme
The Lead Accountant will work closely with The Accounting Manager and Accounting Team to facilitate the monthly financial close process.
As an Lead Accountant you will be responsible for the management and execution of closing the general ledger working alongside the accounting team. You will use your experience working with teams, analyzing account balances and preparing general ledger reconciliations to facilitate the monthly financial close.
If you have a stellar track record as an Accountant, are a self-starter and have a heart for ministry, then The Father’s House is for you.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reconcile all income for all revenue sources including, offering, online payments, ACH, credit cards and various websites. Maintain accuracy of documentation detail of income.
- Review and post team journal entries into the general ledger.
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts including bank reconciliations.
- Maintain and oversee staff with monthly close process.
- Maintain fixed asset list, record monthly depreciation and prepare reconciliation.
- Record monthly intercompany transactions and prepare reconciliation.
- Analyze balance sheet accounts for accuracy.
- Assist Accounting Manager with monthly financial reporting and special projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts.
- Hands on experience leading a team of two or more people for at least one year.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Troubleshooting skills and superb analytical skills; ability to think outside the box to resolve problems
- Strong understanding of accrual accounting including previous work experience utilizing the accrual accounting method
- Excellent communication and relation management skills
- Motivated self-starter who is proactive and positive minded
- A heart to serve in ministry for the advancement of the Kingdom
- A current member of The Father’s House or working towards becoming a member of The Father’s House.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- This position is located in Vacaville, CA, is Full Time; M-F and requires occasional overtime